Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Property Software

I'm a landlord looking for the most effective property management software available. I thought I might as well blog about the experience because a) I wanted to do some blogging and this seemed like a good way to do it with a specific purpose in mind (rather than just starting one of those rambling what I did today type blogs which run out of steam after 4 days) and the second reason, b) maybe some other UK landlords are looking for the same thing and perhaps this blog could help them out. Maybe even become a meeting point for link minded people.

I've been a landlord for over 10 years and for most of that time I've relied on a spreadsheet and a filing cabinet to get me by but now the properties are becoming too hard to manage in this way and it's time for a more advanced property management system to take some of the strain from me.

I'm hoping to post quite regularly and to cover a lot of ground in terms of evaluating and reviewing different property software offerings. Although I keen to get a electronic system off the group reasonable quickly there no great pressure on me to do so. I should really have done this 3 or 4 months ago so I could set myself a deadline at the end of the financial year but seen as I've missed it I'll have to discipline myself to get the research done. One of the things I'll be looking for, and I'll talk more about this is another post, is a flexible import facility. Typing in lots of data, possible multiple times into different property software packages is the last way I want to spend my time.

1 comment:

  1. property management software helps in property maintainence and satisfies to needs of many audiences.

    ReplyDelete